30 ago. 2008
The latest update to the Español-Inglés site's on-line Spanish dictionary adds a few 'everyday' words that were missing from the dictionary and contains translations of various new computing and technology-related terms such as whiteboard and wikify.
15 ago. 2008
Several pages have been added to the basic Spanish vocabulary section giving sports vocabulary. The vocab has been organised into several sections:
- Names of team games and ball games in Spanish: this includes your basic football etc;
- Names of combat sports and martial arts: this includes your judo, taekwondo etc (without entering into a debate about which of these is officially a martial art...)
- Names of winter and water sports covers Spanish names of a few sports such as canoeing, windsurfing...
- The sports phrases section gives some more general sprots vocabulary;
- Some specific Spanish terms for sportsmen and sportswomen (e.g. fútbol > futbolero) are included;
- Also included is a more specialised section on Spanish football vocabulary. If you'd like to see a similar specialised section on your favourite sport, drop me a line....
5 ago. 2008
The latest update to the English-Spanish dictionary includes translations for around 8,000 additional words, including a number of translations from Sofronio Calderón's 1915 Spanish-English-Tagalog dictionary (now out of copyright).